Thursday, August 11, 2011

Should I be patient or just call it quits?

I've been dating a guy for 8 months now. A month into dating he told me he had a young daughter. I was okay with it, but asked him if he had a girlfriend or wife and he denied it. We kept dating and just last week he said he was going through a divorce. I was in shock and so pissed off. He was crying and said he didn't want to lose me so he didn't tell me until they started the divorce. He said they were married very young and had their daughter. Then he told me all the things about his wife including her name and what he did for her and that she didn't reciprocate, etc. I was just so pissed off. He deceived me, but now I'm in love with him and I know if I left him then I would still want to be with him. I told him if I knew he was married I never would have dated him. He said he knew that. I told him if he was getting divorced he better do it quick. He said he was staying at his friend's house and trying to find a better paying job. I told him he could stay with me. He said he would never ask me for that and he'd only move in if he could afford to pay half of everything. I told him if he was serious about our relationship, he would need to finalize his divorce asap and show me the papers and move in. He said he would move in with me in 2 weeks and wanted me to meet his daughter. Then a couple days after he kept his word and brought his 4-year old daughter to meet me and it went well. He asked me if I liked her and if I would be overwhelmed by her with visits and sleepovers once he moved in. I told him everything would be fine. Then a week later he said he would like to move in by the end of this month instead of the end of the week so he could save up enough to pay his share of rent and bills. I am pissed off about this whole situation, but I am in love with him so I am trying to make this work out, but I'm thinking if he gives me another excuse that he can't move in the end of this month then I was going to assume he is really not getting a divorce and I was going to call it quits. Is this a correct assumption? Thanks for any advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment