Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Is it bad for the skin to use lotion as make up remover?

I have make up that's really hardcore and meant to stay on, long lasting, all day. The only problem with it was that normal make up remover didn't cut it when it came to getting it off my skin. Even using copious amounts of remover, I still ended up with streaks of make up that wouldn't come off easily. So I ended up having to use the remover, then hot water and soap scrubbing for a while, then some remover again and finally I'd be able to wash my face and put on lotion. This all left my skin really red(Go figure). Anyway, I got my normal face lotion and they had changed something in it so it was more oily than normal and I ended up changing brands and never using it again. Then when I was trying to get my make up off one night I wondered if the oil in it would make it easily to remove my make up. The clouds open up, angels sing, putting a little bit of lotion on a towel makes the make up come right off. Even my water proof stuff that I normally spent around ten minutes scrubbing at. So basically I use the lotion to take off the make up, then I wash my face like I do every night, put on my less oily night time make up on and go to bed. What I'm wondering is, is it bad for the skin to use lotion as a make up remover? It seemed like it would be better than the chemicals used in make up remover but will it saturate make up particles into my skin or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment